We are looking for someone that has the drive to command this important area of our warehouse team. You will need to be speedy and accurate at your work and demonstrate a real conscientiousness towards your work, your customers and ‘getting things done’. The right attitude will help you progress to wider activities and take on more responsibilities over time in this fast growing family business.
This role is warehouse based and hours are 8:30 until 4:00 Monday to Friday although we can be flexible to suit the right person even considering part-time. Our products tend to be small hardware accessories for the window and door industry. This role concentrates on keeping the products organised on shelving and ensuring that the relevant delivered products are pre-packed to contain the relevant accessories needed for picking. This involves re-bagging, addition of small parts and ensuring the products move quickly from goods-in to the shelving ready for picking. You will always be busy which is why we need good organisational skills to ensure everything is in place and on time in support of our picker and packer team. You will also be trained for further activities like fork lift training and over time can advance towards other roles like Purchasing and Stock Control.
Key skills: Team player, able to work at speed and meet deadlines, organised and a tidy operator with good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Prep work for kits and pre-packaging of delivered goods
- Booking in deliveries and locating correct shelf positions
- Organising purchasing of packaging stocks
- Preparing monthly stocks for 3rd party channel sellers
- Occasional assembly work
- Manual handling
- Following Health and Safety guidelines at all times
- Keeping the warehouse clean and tidy
- Preparing boxes, cartons and keeping packing workstations stocked with packing materials
- Organising the warehouse shelving layout on an ongoing basis to ensure picking can be done quickly and easily
- General warehouse duties including cardboard and waste recycling
To be considered for this role, please apply today.