Our client has been established as a leader in the field of Vinyl and Cotton Household Textiles since 1979. Based in Manchester, the Company uses its wealth of experience to import and export a wide selection for supply to the Retail and Manufacturing market.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and experienced Warehouse Operative to join the team at their warehouse in Cheetham Hill, Manchester.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Unloading and loading at Goods In and Goods Out points
• Customer order processing
• Assisting in the fulfillment of busy schedules for the distribution of goods
• Adhering to their Service Level Agreements
• Assisting in the loading and unloading of vehicles
• Checking goods received are correct against the manifest, discrepancy notification
• Participation in stock audits
• Be adaptive and responsive to change within a fast moving environment
• Compliance to all Company Policies, Procedures and Standard Practices
• Ensure that the warehouse is tidy at all time
• Ability to work under pressure using your own initiative and as part of the warehouse team
• At least 5 years' experience in a stores/warehouse environment
• Very good attention to detail
• Is physically fit and able to lift heavy boxes and rolls
• Basic understanding of warehouse workings
• Excellent organization skills
• Comfortable navigating a large warehouse in order to locate customer items
• Able to provide a 5 year work history with checkable references
• Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck experience necessary
• Punctuality, flexibility and positivity
• Full driving licence (car parking is available on site)
• Good numeracy and literacy.
Hours are Monday to Thursday 08.30 - 17.00 and Friday 08.00 - 16.00
Overtime and bank holidays as and when required.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.