• Working on the transition of product development to operational support.
• Investigating and resolving incidents assigned to the Product support team and ensuring incidents are closed in a timely fashion to meet defined IT Services Levels.
• Use of 3rd party debugging tools.
• Test product-level functionality and new releases.
• Configure test system settings and options and execute unit/integration/acceptance testing.
• Produce and maintain test scripts and test cases.
• Ensures product testing is fully documented before and after release.
• Develop and verify the adequacy of test procedures and test environments.
• Provide clear reporting and status updates through the appropriate mediums, including escalations as appropriate.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Relevant degree (Computing, Mathematics, Science, etc.)
• BCS ISTQB Foundation or Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix
• An understanding of networking (WAN & LAN) protocol including 2G/3G, TCP/IP, DNS, ICMP, DHCP.
• Wireless networking. E.g. ZigBee, IEEE 802.15.4, 6LoWPAN, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.
• Any experience of C#, HTML would be highly beneficial
• Knowledge of Test management tools - Remedy, HP ALM, Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence) etc.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong team working skills.
• Ability and willingness to pick-up and learn a wide range of new skills.
• Self-motivated and committed to continuous professional development.
• Excellent communicational skills both written and verbal.
• The perfect candidate for this role will be flexible and proactive by nature with a strong work ethic
You will be guided and mentored by senior members of the software and technical Management team where required.
Training will be provided on the company's products leading to a fantastic career progression.
The Test Support Analyst will benefit from:
• Competitive salary
• Private medical care
• Life insurance