We are looking for an experienced Technical Sales Engineer to advance and develop enquiries from initial request to purchase order. Working alongside the sales team to grow our business focussing on OEM’s within Construction & Agriculture, Heavy Plant Machinery & Marine markets both in the UK and throughout Europe.
You will be the sales technical lead responsible for understanding clients specifications, interfacing with Engineering and the client
We focus on the UK & Europe as well as further afield in a Business to Business environment and we have great customers including Sunseeker, Cummins, Komatsu, Seakeeper and Volvo Penta. We need your help to identify and gain more customers like these.
You will be able to demonstrate your experience of sales and understand technical product concepts. The ideal Technical Sales Engineer will have an understanding of selling mechanical or electronics equipment to OEMs or similar.
This is a varied and dynamic role so you will be:
- Self-driving researching and targeting new opportunities
- Using your established contact network using tools such as LinkedIn
- Working collaboratively responding to inbound leads
- Contacting prospects, capturing requirements including technical specifications
- Creating professional & accurate sales proposals & producing Statement of Works
- Presenting to new prospects & up-selling to existing customers
- Assisting with UK and International exhibitions
We would expect you to:
- Have experience of Technical Engineering and an interest in sales with a strong commercial awareness
- Have a technical sales background
- Be comfortable presenting and communicating with key decision makers
- Have good written and spoken English
- Have good MS Office skills, including Word & Excel
- Be adaptable, looking for a challenge and able to self-drive
The ideal person would also:
- Have sector experience understanding CAN bus protocols such as J1939/NMEA2000/CANopen, and Analog & Digital I/O
- Be familiar with a CRM such as Zoho
What you'll get in return
£40k - £45k plus bonus scheme and a variety of company benefits including flextime & home working. You will be working within a small and friendly team, within an international group of companies.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.