As Hampshire’s largest provider of affordable homes, with around 850 staff across our sites, it’s critical to our business that we have a fully functional, efficient and cost-effective IT support service to all users (including our customers). We’re looking for an experienced support technician to join our IT team in Portsmouth. This is a full time, permanent position working 37 hours per week. Whilst you’ll be based out of our Portsmouth office, you’ll be expected to work from and provide support to our Basingstoke office also when needed.
You’ll deliver an efficient, effective and customer focused IT support service to all IT users across the business. You’ll support the business systems and infrastructure teams to ensure that our IT systems are always available. The role will be varied and will include a range of tasks, such as:
• Responding to and resolving service desk calls within service level agreements (SLA’s) – liaising with IT colleagues and 3rd party when needed
• Diagnosing and logging faults to help maintain our IT network and systems
• Assist with admin and user support for our mobile and fixed devices
• Access for new employees, leavers and other changes where appropriate
• Making sure all IT equipment (including desktops, printers, mobiles etc) are maintained and replaced appropriately
We’re looking for someone who has demonstrable hands-on experience in a similar role within a structured IT department. You’ll be knowledgeable in supporting a variety of device types. Including PC’s, laptops, routers, hubs, printers and smartphones, with experience of working via a service desk. You’ll bring strong skills in troubleshooting (hardware & software) and be a fluent & effective communicator. Previous experience supporting users within a Citrix based environment is desirable. A driving licence with access to a car isn’t essential, as long as you’re happy to use public transport to travel between our sites when necessary.
Interviews will be held on 3 & 4 July 2019.