This Job Description gives an indication of tasks to be performed within a specific area.
Job Purpose: To be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day reactive maintenance and support, and deputise for, when required, the Estates Manager
Responsible to: The Estates Manager
- Allocate maintenance tasks and day-to-day jobs to members of the Estates team, and manage various maintenance contracts as assigned by the Estates Manager
- Manage the maintenance, caretaking and security staff, and to be responsible for arrange duties and rotas for special events and staff absence cover including holidays
- Be responsible for the day to day inspection of the premises as part of on-going maintenance
- Perform general caretaking and maintenance duties as required
- Manage estate-related job requests and provide feedback on progress to customers by phone or the ‘help desk’ computer system
- Manage contracts and budgets as assigned by the Estates Manager
- Order supplies in order to maintain the necessary stock of appropriate resources
- Oversee and liaise with contractors on site
- Ensure rapid responses to all requests that require immediate action due to high risk/College priority
- Oversee the utility services to the buildings (boilers, water, electricity etc) and taking and recording monthly meter readings
- Ensure that all caretaking equipment is in a safe and working condition and arranging for their repair as appropriate
- Ensure all check logs are completed to schedule
- Liaise with staff regarding layout and organisation of rooms
- Ensure, working with the Cleaning Supervisor, that the campus appears very attractive and well-maintained at all times
- Support the Estates Manager in maintaining the security of the campus including out-of-hours call-out
- Other duties that are in accordance with the purpose/grade of the post as agreed with the Vice Principal Resources
Salary : £21133.00 - £23170.00 per year.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 30th January 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (police check) and other relevant pre-employment checks. The College is committed to equality of opportunity.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.