This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top 5 UK fastest growing technology companies.
Our client manufactures high tech laser based equipment that is sold worldwide. Their customers are blue chip medical device OEMs and aerospace/space manufacturers. The company is amongst the fastest growing companies in Europe and has seen a more than tenfold increase in turnover in the last 3 years.
Our client is looking to expand its applications / development team to work on a cutting edge robotic micro-soldering system including laser stripping, laser soldering and 6 axis robot wire placement. This new product line is set to generate a new growth stream for the Company.
Working in an existing dedicated small team with a controls engineer and mechanical designer - you will be responsible for the system level design and validation of the system's performance. Taking the lead you will challenge the system performance, direct the team in recommending required changes and verify that the system meets the performance criteria.
You will be responsible for:
- System level design - what goes where, what the sequence should be
- Design of experiments and running them to verify the system performance
- Writing clear test reports with logical findings and recommendations
- Communicating findings to Customer and other stakeholders
- Researching new technology for implementation in the business
- Working within the development team to develop innovative new products
Essential Attributes for this post are:
- An exceptional candidate
- Logical thinking and excellent communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Graduate or post-graduate qualification in Engineering, Physics or similar
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
To receive an information pack and an application form, please submit your cv today.