We are a fast-growing company and a market leader within a specialised segment of the window and door industry. We are an innovative UK based manufacturer with all of our products being designed & developed in house.
Our Horsehay site produces, modifies and distributes specialist window/door furniture and hardware components. The Production Operative role is varied. We are seeking candidates that are dextrous and believe they are competent with small component processing using basic hand tools. Basic mechanical knowledge is desired. Stock holding and distribution skills are required, candidates would need to display good accuracy and attention to detail in the role.
The ability to have past machining experience and/or powder coating skills would also be of interest but not essential for the role.
Your primary responsibility is for the safe care & processing of our products from receipt at our premises, storage and despatch of orders.
Due care and attention in particular are required:
- Handling product
- Picking and Preparing product for process
- Re-assembly of product following powder-coating process
- Picking and Packing of customer order
- Create shipping documents using carrier PC software
The above responsibilities are not exhaustive and does not limit your role. You will be required to undertake a broad number of tasks and be prepared to get involved in all areas of the business within your capacity.
Our standard working week is as below however some flexibility on occasion may be required to suit business needs:
Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.45pm
Friday 8.00am – 3.30pm
We are keen for you to learn new skills and/or develop existing skills, particularly in the following areas:
- Machining Operation
- Powder-Coating process
Desired skills & Experience:
- Excellent oral, written and numeration skills
- Clear and effective communication skills at all levels
- Team player - displays ownership and accountability along with ability to build strong and inclusive relations within workplace
- Good attention to detail and consistent levels of accuracy
- Able to handle varying workload & effectively prioritise tasks at hand
- Enthusiastic & self- motivated
- IT literate
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing or distribution environment maybe advantageous however is not essential
Salary: Circa £18,500 (negotiable for candidates who or part/fully experienced in Powder-coating and/or machining skills)
Please apply today.