Due to our continued expansion, a new and exciting opportunity has arisen at our Norwich office, for the role of a ‘Procurement / Ledger Assistant’. Delivering a key role supporting multiple sectors within the business, but with a primary function to fulfil those administrative requirements associated to the Procurement Controller and the Finance Team.
Some of the principle duties are as follows:
- Accurately process around 2000 invoices, including the logging of receipt, promptly and accurately filing for record, within the time parameters required of the business
- Validating all invoices, matching to GRN’s / Delivery notes, for approval
- Liaising with the Production and Commercial Team members to ensure receipt of materials or services are complete and in full matching invoice sums
- Accurate capture of all validated expenditure onto SAGE, for reporting
- Update and maintain, live dispute logs providing intelligence to the procurement controller when placing further orders and the production and commercial team when instructing further works
- Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors, challenging those costs received against prior agreed terms or rates, identifying any overcharge or misspecification to orders raised
- Processing / raising of orders via Sage
- Monthly statement of account reconciliation, ensuring ledgers are up to date and free from error
- Advise, the Commercial and Production Teams, assisting with the resolution of monthly contract expenditure
The Candidate should offer the following Qualifications and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of working within a procurement / accounts environment with good knowledge and experience of Sage accounts software or similar systems
- Holds GCSE Maths & English (Grade C or above), with preferred AAT or equivalent qualifications
- An ability to ensure that all requirements are satisfied in a professional manner to the timescales set
- Highly organised, meticulous in your approach to work, focused, with a can-do approach, self-disciplined and motivated to complete tasks accurately.
- Strong communicational and influencing skills with the confidence to challenge anomalies and ensure compliance with company policies and procedure
- An aptitude for IT and good working knowledge of Sage and Excel
If you feel you are the right person to fulfil this role, please apply in writing with a brief note as to why you are a suitable candidate, accompanied by your CV.