Southend based company which has been established since 1971, has an enviable reputation and a long pedigree in print but over the last two years it has broadened both its communication portfolio, and its customer base, and now also offers multi-channel marketing campaigns to those in the business-to-business (B2B) and business to consumer (B2C) space.
Role and responsibilities:
We are currently looking to fill a vacancy in our busy studio. The Studio Operator role involves the following duties to be carried out in line with our ISO9001 Quality, ISO14001 Environmental and ISO27001 Information Security procedures:
• Check incoming customer files against job sheet and verbal instructions
• Prepare files for output to plate for litho print and file for digital print via Kodak Prinergy:
o Flightcheck to ensure resolution of images, fonts, colour, trims and bleed.
o Pre-press processing
o Impose for press required
o Prepare proofs for email
o On approval of proofs, prepare printers proofs and output
o Maintain accurate filing using job number system
o Advise our Customer Service Team of any issues at earliest opportunity
• Output of plates and routine maintenance of CTP
• Preparation of variable data printing work generally for post
• Some design skills would be an advantage
• There will be an opportunity to learn and start to working with automated marketing software MarketDirect to prepare campaigns for our customers and our own marketing requirements
Training will be given and a trainee position would be considered but candidates must have knowledge and experience with the following software:
• Adobe Creative Cloud - Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Adobe Acrobat
• Office 365 - Word, Excel and Outlook
An understanding of print including litho and digital processes, plus print finishing such as collating and binding, would be advantageous.
Willing to work within our busy studio environment and take instruction. You should be inquisitive and willing to both expand your knowledge and share it with the team.
It is vital that you are always customer focused to ensure the company’s reputation is maintained.
Your basic working week will be 37.5 hours but you may be requested to work additional hours necessary to complete the work required.
Salary will depend on experience.
25 days annual leave after first full year. Holiday in the first year will be 20 days pro-rata.
We are an equal opportunities employer.