HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours a week 11am – 8pm (Monday to Friday)
Due to the nature of the industry flexibility is crucial therefore the post holder maybe required to work additional and amended hours.
We are a CQC registered non-emergency ambulance service providing transportation for NHS trust patients. We are currently looking for a Patient Transport Lounge Supervisor to join our team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role requires a background from a customer facing service provider, ideally in a relevant public sector. The role is responsible for liaising with Trust staff and ambulance crews on patient related issues, making Control aware patients are ready to be collected via the internal system, making sure patients are comfortable and have their needs attended to and managing day to day problems appropriately.
Geographical knowledge of the South East is essential and previous experience of Cleric system is highly desirable. The job role holder will be expected to provide the business with a high standard of service that maximises the professional working relationship between the company and the NHS.
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS and previous employment referencing.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure excellent communication from start to finish of patient’s journey
- Checking the daily planned workload and co-ordinating with relevant stakeholders about any identified changes
- Keep patients updated at all times and advise of any issues
- Liaise with ambulance crews to resolve any issues
- Manage patient and trust queries in an efficient and professional manner
- Co-ordinating with Controllers on any issues
- Familiarisation with the daily planned schedules and reporting any problems to Head Office or the Trust as appropriate
- Experience within a relevant public sector environment
- Experience of a patient transport environment is essential
- Ability to demonstrate some knowledge of the industry, its relevant internal/external regulations and complexities
- Demonstrable experience of managing an operation of this nature
- Experience of managing a team
- Excellent people skills and able to communicate to all levels is vital to this role
- Excellent geographical knowledge of South East London area is essential
This is an outline of the post holder’s duties and responsibilities. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.