We are an education company on a mission to inspire young people to discover what their futures could hold: the courses they could study, the careers they could have, and the citizens they could be. We offer a selection of carefully curated summer courses for students aged 12-18 with the aim of equipping them with greater certainty over the future direction they want to pursue.
We are looking for an Operations Manager for our growing education company. The Operations Manager will play a vital role in the success of the organisation. You will have an organisational, planning mindset, great communication skills, and will be comfortable working in a team as well as line-managing others. You will have a positive and friendly outlook, with a good sense of humour.
You will need to be dedicated, flexible and resilient, being able to problem-solve and deal with unexpected challenges faced both prior to and during the summer school. Finally, you will have great attention to detail, be comfortable handling a number of tasks at any given time and be confident in being part of a senior management team.
The role will involve managing an Operations Officer, both in the run up to and during the summer. They will support you in the planning and delivery of a high quality summer school programme.
As part of your duties, you will:
- Have an in-depth understanding of and responsibility for all operational aspects of the summer school. This includes creation and knowledge of the timetable and staff rota, as well as venue and activity bookings
- Liaise and build relationships with contractors, clients and colleges
- Lead elements of our summer staff training prior to the summer school
- Plan and oversee the tasks of the Operations Officer
- Be responsible for filing and chasing our students’ balance payments and other financial aspects of running the summer school
- Send out and collate student information forms
- Support the Education and Outreach Manager in promoting and running the Scholarship Programme for local Oxford students from secondary state schools
The summer school period is an intense and rewarding time for our team. Time will be split between the summer school and the office. Please note, during this period, the role requires working 6 days out of 7 each week.
As part of a small team there will be significant opportunities to influence and improve our summer school's processes.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.