Our client is a manufacturing company based in Aldershot and due to continued expansion and internal promotion, they are currently looking for 2 enthusiastic Machine Operators to join their team setting up and operating the machinery within the extrusion and graphite department in order to achieve optimum production figures each day manufacturing fire protection materials.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate the machinery effectively and efficiently
- Check and cross reference job specifications to materials run
- Assist and support other members of team
- Assist with any maintenance needs in the extrusion/graphite departments ensuring the plant and machinery is in safe working order and running efficiently at all times
- Encourage teamwork to ensure that the targets and deadlines are met
- Always work within the Health & Safety guidelines and report immediately any issues
- Ensure that the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn at all times and checks are completed
- Ensure stock levels are maintained to ensure continuous running of machines
- Ensure that all Quality Control procedures are adhered to whilst identifying any non-conforming goods, use of Vernier to ensure materials are within tolerance
- Maintaining good house-keeping standards across the department
- Liaise with General Manager, Factory Manager and Despatch on a regular basis ensuring good communication throughout factory
- Monitor production, quality, yield and waste at regular intervals to ensure optimum production figures are achieved
Key knowledge and experience:
Previous experience of working with machinery is an advantage but not necessary as full on the job training will be provided to the suitable candidate.
This is a permanent, full time opportunity available with an immediate start, working Monday to Thursday 10 hour shifts (40hr a week) 7am-5.30pm plus 19 days holiday plus bank holidays. They are offering a competitive hourly rate dependent on experience with auto enrolment onto their pension scheme and free parking.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.