Established for 25 years, we are one of the North—East’s leading sheet metal fabricators. After recent investment, expansion and relocation to a 20,000 sq.ft production facility, we are looking for an experienced Production Manager to lead our team of 20 workshop staff.
Your key responsibility will be the professional management, supervision and control of our industrial production processes, liaising directly with our Managing Director. This crucial role acts as a conduit between our office and our shop floor, and thus requires continuous engagement with both.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us at a pivotal point, and to become a key member of our team as we move into the next phase of our development.
Your role will be to lead, oversee and ensure the following:
• Our production schedule is planned professionally and efficiently
• Our projects are completed within time-scale and budget, and that they conform to customer requirements
• Our company requirements are effectively and regularly communicated to all production staff
• Our inspection procedures are successfully implemented to ensure product conformity, and that results are properly documented
• Our production operates in line with our ISO 9001 procedures and internal company policies
• Our workshop is kept safe and tidy, and that rules relating to walkways, access and designated storage are adhered to
• Our Heath & Safety policies and procedures are communicated and strictly adhered to
• Our staff are adequately trained prior to performing relevant tasks, and proper records are maintained
• Our daily delivery schedule is efficiently planned
• Our inward goods procedure is implemented, that all incoming goods are properly checked and recorded
• Be a confident, enthusiastic and approachable leader with the ability to help drive our business forward
• Excel in problem solving, communication, teamwork, organisation and maintaining attention to detail
• Have a thorough understanding and experience in all areas of metalwork and fabrication
• Have an in-depth knowledge of production processes
• Have good computer literacy and proficiently in Microsoft Office software
• Be reliable, trustworthy and discrete in the handling of confidential company matters
This role is based in our Washington, Tyne & Wear workshop and is full-time.
We look forward to your application.