Our client manufactures high tech laser-based equipment that is sold worldwide. Their Customers are blue chip medical device OEMs. The company, located just outside Cardiff, is amongst the fastest growing companies in Europe and has seen a more than tenfold increase in turnover in the last 3 years.
Our client is looking to expand its applications / development team to develop new laser processes and products in innovative robotic laser stripping and soldering applications.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of new laser processes working directly with Customer R&D teams to optimise the application
- Working with specialist mechanical and controls engineers to turn the new applications into automated machinery, leading the design of the process aspect of the machine and the defining the test of the completed machine
- Laser processing of Customer supplied sample material and report writing
- Researching new technology / laser processes for implementation in the business
Essential Attributes for this post are:
- Graduate or post-graduate qualification in Engineering, Physics or similar
- Laser material processing experience is a distinct advantage
- Problem solver / logical thinker
- Eager to learn
- Team Player
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications to Customers
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.