An IT Support Technician/Engineer is required to join the team at this growing IT service provider, serving small business customers primarily in the West Midlands, Worcestershire and surrounding areas. We also have a number of national customers, which we support through a combination of remote and telephone support and occasional site visits.
You must have experience in a similar role, ideally 2/3 years working for an MSP or similar. There are excellent opportunities for progression for someone who has potential to develop.
This role involves the following:
- Troubleshooting customer IT issues
- Server back-up checks and proactive maintenance
- Provide desktop support for operating system and application issues
- System configuration and repair
- User access and security administration
- Providing a high level of customer service and management of support tickets
- Network configuration and installations
- Prioritising workload and working well under pressure
- Following, maintaining, and enhancing standard operating procedures
- Server support; both physical and virtual
- On-site work with customers is required for the role so a driving licence and access to transport is essential.
We need an engineer who is able to retain technical knowledge. Good logical reasoning and problem-solving skills are essential. You will need to be able to concentrate on the task at hand and pay attention to detail. Obviously, good written and verbal communication skills are
You’ll be in the habit of planning ahead, working methodically and following established processes when required. You’ll also be in the practice of documenting your work as you go.
Experience and knowledge of virtualised environments, office365 and VOIP solutions is also of value to the role.
Does this sound like you?
In return we are offering:
- Challenging work
- A negotiable salary of between £18k-£22k depending on experience
- An excellent working environment
To be considered for this role, please apply today, sending both your CV and salary indication. No recruitment agencies.