Our client is an independent, dynamic and highly successful organisation. They work with companies, individuals, clusters and the public sector to help regions create better and more, high value jobs. Established over 25 years ago, they have a trusted reputation for delivering services in innovation and business growth.
They currently have offices in Sunderland, Daresbury and Leeds.
They are looking for a highly motivated individual to work within their Education team, to cover maternity leave.
The post holder will support activity delivered through the North East Ambassador Hub contract with reference to the effective communication, awareness and understanding of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) agenda to regional stakeholders and partners. This post raises the profile of the STEM Hub, Hub ambassadors and the provision of quality interaction in schools and colleges across the North East region. The post holder will work as part of the STEM team to complement and enhance existing STEM activities / provision.
Key activities include:
- Developing relationship with schools, Colleges etc
- Developing relationships with SLPs, Maths Hubs, Computing Hubs etc
- Developing relationships and liaising with a network of stakeholders and partners to promote STEM
- Developing non-classroom based partnerships i.e. Scouts, attendance at festivals, clubs, libraries etc
- Marketing and Publicity – representing the Hub at regional and national events, updating STEM website, School newsletters
- Reporting and Project management including event management, KPI monitoring and activity evaluation
- Strong STEM related background
- Education and school based experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent team worker
- Project management skills and experience of managing multiple projects
The salary is negotiable dependent upon experience. In addition you will benefit from flexi-time, 30 days’ annual leave (pro-rata) and a contributory pension.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.