Are you a recent graduate looking for an interesting and rewarding career? An exciting opportunity has arisen for an assistant property manager to join our client's thriving residential block and estate management business, located in Buckinghamshire.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and confident individual, to join our friendly team of thirteen, based near Aylesbury but working across the northern home counties.
The successful candidate will support their property managers in managing our portfolio of blocks and estates on behalf of their clients, who are Residents Management Companies. This is an interesting and varied position, which involves both office-based and on-site work. You will have the opportunity to learn about leasehold law, company administration, managing client relationships and the maintenance of buildings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Visiting the developments to carry out routine inspections of their condition
- Arranging reactive and proactive maintenance
- Ensuring contractors carry out their work to specification
- Dealing with enquiries from residents and leaseholders
- Helping to ensure compliance with health and safety regulation
- Helping to ensure compliance with lease terms and covenants
- Helping to regularly report to clients
- Helping to arranging and attend client meetings
- Helping to prepare service charge budgets
The successful candidate will be IT literate, with excellent attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to organise their time effectively. As well as being a team player they will be able to work on their own initiative and think creatively.
They will be working for an ambitious and forward-thinking company that encourages professional development and will offer recognised training and support for qualifications with the Institute of Residential Property Management. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to start a career in the sector. We anticipate that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress within the company.
Experience of working in property would be an advantage but not essential. They would prefer someone educated to degree level. You must have a willingness to be flexible and be keen to acquire knowledge and skills. A full UK driving licence and your own vehicle are also required.