An excellent opportunity has become available within a well-established ladies fashion company for a Garment Technologist. The company is a multi-brand women's fashion distributor that has been supplying womenswear to many high street retailers, department stores and internet retailers for many years.
We are looking to recruit a Garment Technologist who is conversant with the manufacture/supply of multi-products including knitted, woven and Jersey.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Measuring garments, preparing fit logs, arranging and assisting with fit sessions.
• Construct size specifications to produce samples of the required fit and silhouette.
• Formulate a measurement that enables vendors to accurately assess the fit of samples.
• Establish grade rules that ensure the required fit across the size range.
• Establish product quality and construction standards that enable factories to produce samples and orders that meet and drive forward each customer requirements.
• Attending fit meetings and constructing detailed fit comments to factories in the Far East, India, Bangladesh and UK.
• Carry out sample assessment through from Prototype to Pre-Production Sample stage against the specified standards of fit, construction and quality of manufacture.
• Requesting and approving test reports, also, issuing wash care instructions.
• Monitoring and recording the status of the products and maintaining the critical path.
• This job will involve some travelling.
• Arranging national & international courier parcels
• You will be reporting directly to Product /Technical Manager
• Knowledge of construction & manufacturing methods.
• Knowledge of basic pattern cutting.
• Computer literate including a good working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to tight deadlines.
• ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.