Responsible to: Fundraising and Development Manager
Base: Cardiff, UK
Contract type: Permanent, full time
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 depending on experience
- Be the first point of contact for all external and internal fundraising enquiries (via post, email, website etc.)
- Provide excellent support and customer care to our donors and supporters.
- Co-ordinate the challenge events portfolio.
- Provide a high standard of customer care for individual giving and challenge event participants.
- Work closely with the Fundraising and Development Manager and the communications team to prepare and send accurate and engaging donor communications.
- Undertake research on prospective trust and foundations, corporate funders and high net worth individual donors.
- Provide support to a range of fundraising and promotional events – including planning, logistics and on-the-day support.
- Keep up to date with fundraising initiatives and news from across the third sector.
- Co-ordinate work relationships with external agencies.
- Supporting work on developing and managing social media, digital and print profile
- Support the organisation and delivery of events.
- Introduce new ideas and initiatives into the role whilst taking ownership of work.
- Work flexibly on other tasks as required in line with the purpose of the role.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Relevant degree level qualification and/or equivalent academic capacity.
- Two years’ experience in a fundraising or communications role.
- Experience of planning, marketing and promoting fundraising initiatives and events.
- Experience of using a Customer Relationship Management system.
- Organised with good attention to detail; good problem-solving skills at a practical level.
- Engaging personal skills both face to face and on the telephone.
- Enthusiasm and drive for using the power of communications to advance a great cause.
- Creative, ambitious, can-do approach.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of monitoring work and budgets against plans, and achieving financial targets.
- Study background or other exposure to international development/affairs.
- Welsh language skills.
To be considered for this role, please apply today with your CV and short covering letter.