We currently have two positions available:
- Full Time Day Receptionist position – 40-hour contract, £8.21 per hour
- Part Time Night Receptionist position – 24-hour contract, £8.38 per hour
Full training is given for these roles.
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiastic and friendly individual
- Comfortable with the responsibility of all aspects of the hotel overnight
- A great team player
- Previous hotel reception/front of house experience desirable
Overview of duties:
- Welcomes guests who arriving to the hotel, Check in and Check out procedures
- Provide a warm and personalised welcome to guests
- Contribute to guest satisfaction by providing a high standard of service in line with procedures
- Responsible for the hotel once the daytime staff are off duty (Night staff only)
- Ensures the safety of property and people
- Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into consideration
- Handles any guest complaints and/or remarks
- Takes care of the arrival and departure processes for guests, ensuring they take as little time as possible
- Answer phone calls and respond to guest queries
- Follows up any customer requests (wake-up calls, taxi etc)
Administration and Auditing
- Ensures that guest documentation at reception and in the lobby is available and up-to-date
- Responsible for the reception's cash holdings and for completing banking procedures
- Responsible for preparing audit reports alongside other required reporting
- Handover on activities and incidents to colleagues
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
- Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy and complete cleaning
- Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire, night patrols, etc)
Full time shift pattern is five days out of seven with two rest days.
Part time shift pattern is three days out of seven with four rest days.
Day shift hours range between 06:45 and 23:15
Night shift hours are 22:45 to 07:15
The above roles require weekend working and overtime as required for holiday cover.
To apply, please provide a cover letter and CV, clearly stating which job you wish to apply for.