We’re Hampshire’s largest provider of affordable homes with around 850 staff. Providing quality affordable homes is only part of what we do. As a ‘people’ business, we work hard to create a high profile, fun, friendly working environment. Recruiting high level expertise and investing in our staff’s development, whilst looking after their wellbeing.
We’re looking for an experienced finance assistant to join our team in Portsmouth! This is a full time, permanent position working 37 hours per week.
As a finance assistant, you’ll carry out a range of duties to include:
- Process invoices for payment using electronic invoice scanning, in line with KPI’s
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Post bank entries to the purchase ledger supplier accounts
- Perform rent accounting processes, housing benefit files & overpayments
- Process all direct debits, handling returned direct debits as well as BACS payments
- Process landlord utility invoices, update utilities database & validate meter readings/billing accuracy
This is a fast-paced role, so you need to be able to work well under pressure. Prioritising your workload & managing your time is key as you’ll be working to strict deadlines. You’ll have a good attention to detail, ensuring your work is accurate, especially as you’ll be working at pace. You’ll bring your experience from a similar role which will help you to hit the ground running with minimal supervision. With your good computer skills, you’ll be confident in the use of Microsoft programmes – Excel & Word in particular. With the ability to pick up new systems quickly.
Interviews will be held on 19 February 2019.