We are a long-established supplier of office printing and copying technology to the business community in Surrey & the surrounding area & work in partnership with two of the leading manufacturers in the marketplace, Toshiba & Ricoh. We are currently seeking an experienced Service Technician to assist and complement our current service department.
- To provide customer field service support on designated equipment in accordance with the key responsibilities of this job description.
- Complete all paperwork pertaining to a call at the close of each call.
- Maintain adequate supply of all necessary forms.
- Submit spare parts usage form at the end of each month.
- Receive and record calls, and sort in order of priority according to product, customer, geography, or time call was received.
- Capable of working for extended periods of time without direct supervision.
- Locate machine, review history log and/or sticker and determine what/or if preventative/emergency maintenance is done. Identify and correct the problem – ordering parts as necessary. Perform step on appropriate P/EM checklist.
- Complete appropriate paperwork: daily activity sheet, machine service report history log, special survey forms, etc., as applicable.
- Attends and completes all assigned training courses both of a technical and sales nature.
- Through experience and direct contact with others to ensure that all makes of Copier/Printer machines can be serviced so that a full and effective service operation can be run.
- To carry out demonstrations of the company’s products from time to time to gain hardware business.
- Minimum 2 years field service experience
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an established team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer handling skills
- Capable of lifting and moving office machinery when required
- Competent with MS Office and the use of service management systems
- Full clean UK driving license
- Located within 30 minutes of the Haslemere Head Office
- Competitive basic salary
- Company car
- Mobile phone
- 20 days paid holiday per annum
Location: Haslemere, West Sussex
Status: Permanent – Monday to Friday 08.30 – 17.00 exc. public holidays
Package: £22– £25k basic, company car, mobile phone
To be considered for this role, please apply today.