Expanding roofing and cladding company looking for a smart estimator to join our dedicated team. The winning candidate will be working directly alongside the company Director, gaining great experience & insight. You will be an integral part of the team with a great opportunity to develop within the company. We want good people to succeed.
- Working alongside the MD on a daily basis & being assigned projects.
- Submitting quotes & tenders.
- Create material take offs for project estimating. Requesting quotes & negotiating. Compiling all project specific costs.
- Creating templates for all systems we install to speed up future quoting process.
- Ordering materials for each project from our take off.
- Dealing with the draughtsmen / designers for the project.
- General chasing of material deliveries & making sure materials arrive when needed on projects.
- Being very articulate, calculated, organised & adhering to process.
Necessary requirements to succeed in the role:
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience within construction
- Numerically accurate
- The ability to read technical drawings
- Confident in communication both internally & externally
- Excellent IT skills: Excel, Word and Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Impeccable attention to detail
Desirable requirements to succeed in the role:
- Experience within construction estimating, ideally Rainscreen, roofing, cladding, aluminium works
- A-level educated
- Degree in Surveying, Mathematics or similar construction related degree
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 to £50,000.00 per year
- Construction: 2 years (Required)
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Location - Stansted, Essex.