ACCOUNTABLE TO: HDU Manager
LOCATION: Various hospitals. Head Office based in Greenhithe
HOURS OF WORK: 45 hours per week OR 38.6 hours per week
SHIFT PATTERN: 4 days per week 12 hour shifts OR 4 on 4 off / 12-hour shifts
We have an exciting opportunity for qualified Emergency Care Assistant’s and Secure Technicians.
The High Dependency Unit Transfer Service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Based at our head office in Greenhithe. The fully equipped ambulances along with your medical knowledge will enable us to raise standards, maintaining a high level of clinical care for the patients we come in to contact with. Within the HDU Department we have a Secure Division which transfers and assist the Mental Health departments within the NHS.
The post holder will convey emergency and where required, non-emergency patients to and from their designated appointments. The individual will ensure the wellbeing of patients in their care from showing empathy and providing reassurance, through to assessing and monitoring patients’ physical wellbeing. Where necessary they will provide medical assistance in line with current training standards.
Due to the nature of the industry flexibility is crucial therefore the post holder maybe required to work additional or amended hours.
- Provide assistance for patients to access vehicles
- Conduct or assist with patient assessment
- Dispense POMS (Prescription only medicines) as appropriate
- Ensure that patients have all relevant and necessary paperwork, medication etc.
- Complete and maintain clinical records for all patients
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- At least 1 years’ experience as an ECA or Secure Technician
- FREC 3 or FPOSI certification
- At least 2 years driving experience in the UK on a full driving license with no previous penalties
- Highly patient focused with caring approach and good communication skills
- Able to complete a satisfactory enhanced DBS Check
- IHCD Blue Light Qualification
- Good geographical knowledge of South East London area and Kent area
- Experience of driving in London or other large cities.
- BTEC Disengagement and Restraint, Use of Restraint Techniques
Closing date for applicants 31/05/2019
To be considered for this role, please apply today.