We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Emergency Care Assistant’s and Secure Technicians.
The High Dependency Unit Transfer Service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Based at our head office in Greenhithe. The fully equipped ambulances along with your medical knowledge will enable us to raise standards, maintaining a high level of clinical care for the patients we come in to contact with.
Within the HDU Department we have a Secure Division which transfers and assist the Mental Health departments within the NHS.
The post holder will convey emergency and where required, non-emergency patients to and from their designated appointments in a safe, effective and efficient manner. The individual will ensure the wellbeing of patients in their care from showing empathy and providing reassurance, through to assessing and monitoring patients’ physical wellbeing. Where necessary they will provide medical assistance in line with current training standards. Due to the nature of the industry flexibility is crucial therefore the post holder maybe required to work additional or amended hours.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance for patients to access vehicles
- Conduct or assist with patient assessment
- Dispense POMS (Prescription only medicines) as appropriate
- Ensure that patients have all relevant and necessary paperwork, medication etc.
- Complete and maintain clinical records for all patients
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Inspecting and completing daily vehicle and equipment checks
- Check and replace equipment of vehicles
Qualifications and Personal Specification
- At least 1 years’ experience as an ECA or Secure Technician
- FREC 3 or FPOSI certification
- At least 2 years driving experience in the UK on a full driving license with no previous penalties
- No more than 6 live penalty points on your current license
- Highly patient focused in attitude with caring approach and good communication skills
- Must be able to undertake rotating shifts including shift changes whilst on relief duty
- Able to complete a satisfactory enhanced DBS Check
- Motivated individual with eagerness to learn and progress
- IHCD Blue Light Qualification
- Good geographical knowledge of South East London area and Kent area
- Experience of driving in London or other large cities.
We are also keen to hear from people with the following qualifications:
BTEC Disengagement and Restraint
45 hours per week
Please apply today.