The company was founded in 2014 to provide bespoke design and development services to amglobal customer base. The innovative and cross functional team enable the development of microfluidic disposables faster and cheaper due to their concept to commercialisation expertise.
The in house, multi-disciplinary team deliver system Design-for-Manufacture (DfM) concepts including microfluidics (passive and active) and medical disposable device design, simulation, prototype instrument and manufacturing concepts, assembly, testing, analysis and plasma coatings.
We are looking for a development engineer to support our team of scientists and engineers dedicated to developing customer products in the medical diagnostics markets (IVD).
The successful candidate will work in their Product Development Team on the design and laboratory- based development of products and processes.
- 3D CAD design of injection-moulded medical diagnostic devices and associated rigs and fixtures.
- Laboratory based product development.
- Problem solving and making things work.
- Testing and development of microfluidic devices.
- Gather, select, analyse and interpret data.
- Attend meetings with customers to discuss projects and give updates on work undertaken.
- Production of samples through the use of rapid prototyping.
- Presentation of results and findings to Product Development Team.
Education and skills:
- Relevant degree in an engineering discipline, ideally Biomedical Engineering or demonstrable experience in a similar position.
- Proficient use of 3D CAD
- High Level of dexterity.
- Able to demonstrate highly proficient mechanical and workshop skills.
- A good general technical and ideally chemical understanding.
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical safety standards.
- Hands-on, mechanical, practical ability.
- 2+ years in relevant field
- Experience of working on projects in both a team and individual setting.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and develop products and/or processes.
- Must be willing and able to occasionally travel (domestic and international).
- Calm, proactive, positive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented combined with the ability to work openly and trust others.
For more information on the company and how to apply for this role, please click apply today.