Ahead of a busy summer of corporate & event catering, we are looking for an experienced chef who is passionate about producing high quality food alongside our close-knit team.
The role will primarily be based at our HQ in Long Eaton but will involve working at venues across the East Midlands.
As part of our team you will help assist in producing a range of high-quality food including hot and cold buffets, BBQ’s and sit-down meals and also assist in the smooth running of events. You will also be responsible for:
- handling stock levels and stock rotation on a first in first out basis
- ordering and deliveries
- ensuring quality and freshness
- contributing to menu development and to customer specification
- maximising kitchen profitability through minimising wastage
- ensuring high standards of food safety and hygiene are maintained on and off site
- having consistent communication with the rest of the team
- working to time specific deadlines
- having a positive pro-active attitude at all times
The ideal candidate will have a background of working in high quality restaurants and / or events and also be able to demonstrate their ability to multitask & have excellent attention to detail.
- Uniform provided
- Staff meals
- Travel costs paid when working on site
- Christmas & New Year Off
Although this is a temporary position from March – end September it may have the opportunity to become permanent to the right candidate.
25 – 30 hours per week to include daytime, evenings & weekends
- catering: 3 years (Required)
- Basic food hygiene (Preferred)
- Driving License & own transport required due to many of our venues being in remote locations