Our client is a leading private label ice cream and bespoke frozen dessert manufacturer. They work closely with private brands in the UK and across Europe to create innovative frozen desserts for both retail and foodservice.
They are looking for a Business and Product Development Manager to join their team, seeking out new business, and nurturing current customers to help the company grow. The job will include managing the product development process from concept-to-launch and is a very hands-on development role. The candidate will also be the first point of contact for existing and potential new customers. The job may include occasional foreign travel. This must not faze you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identifying new sales leads and nurturing the leads to generate sales
• Be the first point of contact for new sales enquiries
• Pitching products to new and existing customers in both the foodservice and retail areas
• Working with existing customers to develop new flavours / products
• Maximise sales from existing customers
• Working with potential customers to develop new products
• Maintaining excellent relationships with existing key customers
• Attending trade exhibitions including stand setup and breakdown
• Contribute to senior management meetings and help set the company’s vision
The ideal candidate must:
• Be personable
• Be hard-working and self-motivated
• Have experience in product development, ideally within the food industry
• Have a desire to grow with the company
• Have a good grasp of technical concepts within the food industry
• Be comfortable liaising with customers on a wide range of issues
• Have a passion for delicious food and frozen treats
• Be able to manage development projects from start to launch
An exceptional candidate would additionally:
• Have experience working as a supplier to major retailers
Salary dependent upon experience.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.