Come and join an enigmatic team of support technicians who look after our client’s interests. Work is varied as we support a wide range of technical systems. From Microsoft and Linux through to VMware, Azure and AWS, there is plenty of opportunity to develop a broad skillset and focus on new and interesting technologies.
We are a Limited company registered in England and Wales. We are one of the largest independent IT support companies in Oxford with acclaimed customer service since 1996. We offer remote and on-site IT support, Web design and development, computer sales and repair services, telecoms, expanding our services every year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide technical support for client and server devices.
- Onsite visits to local clients suffering outages will be required.
- Onsite visits to local clients to install and configure new infrastructure will be required.
- Critically evaluating our client’s systems to ensure that the latest security and best practises are maintained is critical.
- Carefully and accurately record client system information as well as ticket resolution processes in our systems as you complete tickets.
- To provide help and guidance to your colleagues. We all work closely to share information and support each other in our endeavours.
We like to select candidates based around the ability to show strength in the following areas:
1. A strong troubleshooting ability. Being able to comprehensively break down problems into clear, manageable tasks is key.
2. Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and working as part of a close-knit team.
3. An ability to sometimes work relatively independently within our busy IT team.
4. Excellent communication and explanation skills with the ability to engage with varied customers on telephone and on-site.
5. A broad knowledge of current technology, systems architecture and software is desired.
6. An enthusiasm to step outside of comfort zones and attempt work on new, cutting- edge systems is sought after.
Desirable selection criteria
7. A Microsoft qualified and certification such as MCP/MCTS/MCSA/MCSE/MCITP
8. Linux experience is valued but not essential. We maintain a fleet of Linux Servers and administration knowledge
9. Bring your personality, not a suit! A good sense of humour goes a long way in fitting in with our team.
Competitive Salary up to 27K
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
To be considered for this role, please apply today.